MILLCREEK HIGH SCHOOL
April 24, 2013
TIME: 3:00 P.M.
PLACE: MHS Conference Room
IN ATTENDANCE: Heidi Tasso, Kathleen Wagner, Lanae Anderson, Terry Ogborn, Carma Hiatt, Shelly Johnson, Elaine Jennings
EXCUSED: Marilynn Wood, Rick Fabio
WELCOME: Lanae Anderson welcomed the group
APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING:
Handout of minutes provided and motion to accept was made by Terry Ogborn
Seconded by: Kathleen Wagner
SCHOOL INFORMATION AND PROGRAM PROGRESS REPORTS:
- Counseling Office:
- Formal invitation coming to dinner and ceremony on May 23.
- i. Senior Update: we have a smaller number of graduates this year. There are more Juniors than normal.
- ii. Graduation-
- iii. All Partnership are successfully involved with Millcreek and meeting the needs of many students.
- iv. New course offerings for next year. The new fitness center will allow us the option of Yoga and an additional fitness class. We will also have a new CTE advertizing class offered.
- Heidi Tasso reported on the following items:
- Kathleen Wagner
- i. Our Accreditation Progress was discussed
- The Standards were shared with the group.
- Survey information and results were shared with the group. There is a lot of positive feedback from the results
- Revisions to the Mission Statement, Belief Statements, and DRSL’s were presented.
- ii. End of year Testing was discussed
- Administrative Information:
- School LAND Trust Information was shared
- i. The letter received from John Swallow was shared with the group
- ii. Financial Budget request to District was shared
- New Building/Addition Progress was discussed. Everyone is excited about the new options and space that this will provide
- Changes in Faculty/Staff for next year
- i. Jaelyn Wallace—math teacher—is retiring. Christy Clark has been hired to take her classes.
- ii. Karen Nielson has resigned due to relocation out of the area. Her position is posted and open.
- 2013-2014 Planning Meeting; “The Power of Positive Doing” -- The Planning meeting on Friday, April 19th was discussed.
- Committee participation for the 2013-2014 School Year was requested. Both Elaine Jennings and Shelly Johnson agreed to serve on the committee next year.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION:
The meeting adjourned at 3:45
NEXT MEETING: September 18, 2013 at 3:00 in the Conference Room
Appreciation was expressed to the council members.