MILLCREEK HIGH SCHOOL
COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING
February 11, 2015
WELCOME: Lanae Anderson, Co-Chairman-EXCUSED
INVITED TO ATTEND: Heidi Tasso, Kathleen Cheshire, Silvia Roldan, Terry Ogborn and Kaye Winters, Lanae Anderson
EXCUSED: Melanee Higgins, Rick, Kathy Hawkes, Marilynn Wood, Shelly Johnson, George Phillips
APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING:
Minutes from the November: HANDOUT provided
Approved by: Heidi Tasso
Second by: Kathleen Wagner
SCHOOL PROGRAM REPORTS:
Heid Tasso reported on the following information:
- Successful CCR’s (College and Career Ready former SEOP’s) were well attended by parents/guardians
- School of Life completed another session at Millcreek
- We are excited about the ACT Prep Class and Upcoming Test that will be given to all Jr. free of charge. This is a great opportunity.
- A new ETS Specialist has been selected. Katrice Schimbeck will be taking mike’s place. We are excited to have her because she know both Millcreek and the university well.
Kathleen reported on the following:
- Testing Progress
- Parent Surveys completed during CCR’s as required for Northwest Accreditation
- SHARP Survey
Terry reported on the following::
- School TRUST Land Update/Report
- MHS Pyramid of Interventions HANDOUT provided and explained
- Federal Lunch Audit schedule for Thursday, Feb. 12 to include meals and vending machines
- Donor’s Choose program supported by Horace Mann (Tyler May) is bringing several new chrome books and mini-I pads into our program. We are thrilled
- Staffings for 2015-2016 scheduled for Feb. 25. Jim Cluff is retiring from the Dixie Area Detention Center, Linda Schimbeck is retiring as librarian/art teacher, and Terry is retiring as Prinicpal. Rusty Holmes has been named as her replacement.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION:
- There was nothing at this time.
NEXT MEETING: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 3:00 p.m.
Appreciation was expressed for participation on our Community Council.