MILLCREEK HIGH SCHOOL COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
September 21, 2009
Carma Hiatt, Angie Quayle, Kathleen Wagner, Heidi Tasso, Lanae Anderson, Terry Ogborn
EXCUSED: Eileen McKell, Patti Stark, Val Cottam
UNABLE TO CONTACT: Victoria LeLaCheur
WELCOME Lanae Bladen Anderson, Chairman. Introductions were made and appreciation expressed to those attending.
GENERAL COMMUNITY COUNCIL INFORMATION: Lanae
The following handouts were provided to those attending
1. WCSD Policy #2810 ‟School Community Councils”
Handout: The purpose of the Council was discussed
2. Millcreek High School Community Council Members-Handout
3. 2009-2010 Community Council Meeting Schedule-Handout
MILLCREEK HIGH SCHOOL GENERAL INFORMATION: Lanae
The following handouts were provided to those attending:
1. Theme for the 2009-2010 School Year-Handout
2. Phone Extension Information-Handout
3. School Calendar-4 Day School Week and Semester Calendar-Handout --2
4. MHS Student Handbook-Handout
5. MHS Assembly Schedule for 2009-2010-Handout
6. Character Education Information/Schedule for 2009-2010-Handout
SCHOOL PROGRAM REPORTS
1. (CSIP) 2009-2010: Kathleen
An overview of the Six Areas of Improvement was discussed as well as an explanation given for the purpose and direction this provides. Approval was given the council
2. Comprehensive Guidance Information: Heidi Tasso
a. Yearly Calendar of Events -Handout
b. Krystal Sorensen was introduced as the new Millcreek ETS Advisorc. SEOP’s were discussed. We have just finished with them and had just over 90% participation from students and parents. The Council
was pleased with the report.3. Nursing Program Partnership with Dixie State College: Kathleen explained how this is helping the students and school. There has been in increased intrest in the medical field, particularly CNA, as a reasult of this participation from the College students. “Pediatric Community Clinical Experience” -Handout of student activities was provided 4. Millcreek High School Community Health Center: Lanae discussed the clinic and the postivite benefits that it has been for our students and staff members and many of their family members. It was explained that this is the first clinic on a high school
site in the State of Utah.
5. School Trustlands Information and Approval: Terry
a. The new Membership Form will be available in the spring
b. 2008-2009 Progress Report was given, purchase of many math text books.c. 2009-2010 School Plan and budget were reviewed. The main purchase will be the computers on wheels, which will be two portable labs which will
hold 16 laptop computers each.d. Trustlands DVD/A Matter of Trust, a basic training tool for councils. If you have not seen it or need a review please go to http://www.schoollandtrust.org/
e. Letter from Margaret Bird-Handout
f. Letter from Mark Shurtleff-Handout
g. Letter from Orrin G. Hatch-Handout
6. Professional Learning Community (PLC) Goals for 2009-2010: Terry -Handout
7. Christmas Service Project Information and Year Round Projects were discussed.
The Council gave full support and approval for these activities. The faculty will be encouraged to apply for service learning grant funds ASAP.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. Other items for discussion. Nothing at this time.
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, November 16 at 3:00
Thanks so much for your willingness to participate on this committee and to support Millcreek High School faculty, staff, and students.
An Official School Web Site of the Washington County School District
2010 © - All Content Rights Reserved